About Lady Godiva Equestrian
Lady Godiva Equestrian began as a small idea thrown around between family at Xmas 2019. I was determined to design products that were more environmentally friendly than what was already on the market. We came up with the idea to use as much bamboo as possible! Personally I love bamboo and have many bamboo products in my own wardrobe and the benefits of bamboo line up perfectly with what I wanted. Read below for Bamboo benefits.
I also wanted to produce products that are of high quality while keeping them more affordable so that everyone in the equine community can enjoy them.
It took lots of trial and error, but eventually we launched our first collection and have only improved since then!
All of our saddle pads feature a bamboo fibre lining which is not only beneficial to our planet, but also for your horse's back! Bamboo is anti-bacterial, breathable, moisture wicking, and so much more. Read below to find out more about the many benefits of bamboo fibre.
All of our leather goods are vegetable drum dyed to avoid using harsh chemicals which are detrimental to our environment and can cause irritation for sensitive horses. Our leather arrives nice and supple so you don't have to worry about oiling it daily for weeks just to get a nice soft bridle for your horse to enjoy.
Benefits Of Bamboo
- Antibacterial – keeps your gear odour free and feeling and smelling fresh for longer.
- Highly sweat absorbent (Pulls moisture from skin for evaporation – moisture wicking) – keeps you and your horse dryer for longer.
- Powerfully insulating – keeps you and your horse cooler in summer and warmer in winter.
- One of the softest fabrics on the planet! Your horse will thank you for how great it feels.
- Naturally UV protectant – protect yourself from skin cancer.
- Hypoallergenic – natural bamboo does not cause allergic reactions, perfect for horse's with sensitive skin!
- Most eco-friendly fabric in the world – help save your planet.